543 million speakers. Fourth most-spoken language in the world after English, Mandarin and Hindi
An increase in languages like English and French
Spanish schools for foreigners
5 schools in the province
More than 200
1 public and 1 private university covering areas of higher education and research such as sciences, health sciences, arts and humanities, social and legal sciences, engineering and architecture, with almost 200 undergraduate degrees on offer.
Universitat Jaume I (UJI) | Public
- Undergraduate studies (academic year 2020/2021): 32
- University master’s degrees (academic year 2020/2021): 42
- Proprietary master’s degrees (academic year 2020/2021): 20
- Specialisation and expert courses (academic year 2020/2021): 33
- Doctoral programmes (academic year 2020/2021): 21
- Continuing education programmes (academic year 2019/2020): 105
- Total student body: 13,685
- Foreign students: 6.62%
CEU Cardinal Herrera University (UCH) | Private
- Undergraduate studies (academic year 2020/2021): 14
- University master’s degrees (academic year 2020/2021): 1
Technological Centres in Castellón
Institute of Ceramic Technology
A professional team that develops R&D&I projects and transfers technology to companies with the aim of innovating and improving upon the strategic positioning of the ceramics sector on an international scale.
- Analysis and testing
- Business strategy
- Materials and products
- Production processes
- Construction systems
- Sustainability/Occupational Health
Espaitec | Science and Technology Park of the University Jaume I of Castelló
An innovative space housing technology-based companies that work in different economic sectors with the aim of contributing to the socio-economic development of the province and the diversification of its business fabric through innovation.
After 15 years of activity, this space is a reference in Castellón aimed at hosting, supporting, promoting and growing innovative business initiatives, as well as facilitating the transfer of knowledge and technology developed at the University.
Areas of activity:
- Knowledge transfer